Monday, March 31, 2008

Planning Queen

Although I am the ultimate planner at work and at home, I really work toward living in the moment. Before every vacation, I promise my family that I will not plan every moment. For me, I really try to balance not missing out on anything and not coming back completely exhausted. I'm lucky that a large part of my job is planning. I plan ahead for my clients and work on marketing plans, PR plans and media plans. At home, I like to be prepared so I completely bore my husband with all the "what if's" and scenarios so I can envision any possible outcome in a given situation. Its no wonder my family and friends get me involved in group gift plans, family reunion plans, party plans, etc. - I just can't help myself. I plan. Its what I do...

I'm sure you have heard the same planning quotes as I have - "The best things in life happen when you least expect them" and "Plan for tomorrow, but live for today"... yeah, yeah, yeah. But today I got an email with a new one... "The more precisely you plan, the harder destiny will hit you." I love it, I've lived it and it is oh so true... even to a planning queen.

No comments: